Understrap is proud to present the 1.2.0 release to the parent theme. This is the result of 10 months of open-source community development, including more than 400 commits, and wouldn’t be possible without the contributions of many long-time supporters of Understrap.
Bootstrap versions are updated for both Bootstrap 4 and 5. There’s also a lot more work to include Bootstrap utilities into the block editor.
- Updates Bootstrap 5.1.3 to Bootstrap 5.2.0
- Updates Bootstrap 4.6.1 to Bootstrap 4.6.2
- Imports more Bootstrap utility classes into the block editor
WooCommerce templates are updated to the latest versions, including a lot of built-in Bootstrap styling.
- Updates WooCommerce Templates
New page template for ‘landing pages’ that offers full-width content and hides the post title.
- Adds a new ‘Full Width Landing Page’ page template
Developer enhancements, including new testing and the basic foundation for you to remove jQuery as a dependency (Bootstrap 5 only).
- HTML comments have been cleaned up and/or moved into PHP when appropriate
- Enhancements to multiple theme template tags
- Developers: PHP linting and testing has been overhauled
- Developers: Removes the need for jQuery for sites running Bootstrap 5 (doesn’t remove jQuery itself, though)
Bug Fixes and More
Understrap includes some additional security and sanitization, but that introduced conflicts with multilingual plugins WPML and Polylang. This release fixes those issues.
- Fixes issues with flags not showing up in the navigation for WPML and Polylang users
The transition into block-based widgets and other template parts introduced style issues. Those have been addressed and additional support for the block editor is being built in.
- Fixes styles for the select tag in the Categories and Archives widgets and block widgets
- Fixes styles for the search block widget
- Fixes styles for pagination
- Fixes block editor buttons on hover
- Fixes skip to content link for Bootstrap 5
- Fixes the offfcanvas close icon that was hidden behind the admin bar
The Customizer preview has been cleaned up.
- Fixes issues with the Customizer preview
Other developer fixes, including additional focus on the
- Fixes the category transient flush
- Accessibility: aria role fixes for the carousel and footer widgets area
Update: On November 17th version 1.2.1 was released which includes a bug fix for 1.2.0.
Download this release from Github. View this release on the WordPress Theme Directory.